Friday, April 15, 2016

Fight Scenes

Today, I am working on my upcoming release The Shift. The battle between good and evil is about to happen, bringing forth the climax of the story. I'm a little apprehensive about writing the fight scene, because I know they are a weakness of mine. Fighting in books is difficult to describe in a way that would translate to a person's mind, and in the past, I've skipped over them and just insinuated what went down. However, with this novel, I want to "spell" it all out for the reader, because a lot of what happens during the battle is important to what follows. That being said, I'm sure it will need a lot of editing after the first draft is complete.  
In all honesty, as I'm thinking about it, all I can think about is the battle in the last Twilight movie, and, although this one is similar (because they are paranormal beings), I do not want to "copy" the scene from the movie. Then there's the added thought of, "Who's going to die?"
Of course, at first, we don't want any of the good guys to die. But will that actually be the way it works out? I'm not sure. Honestly, I'm not sure about anything when it comes to this scene. So we will see what comes about. Wish me luck!

Tomorrow's Topic: Finding time to write while still being able to give attention to family and other responsibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment