Monday, April 18, 2016

Get That Light Off Me

Many people don't realize just how much authors are "in the spotlight". Even self-published authors, like myself, can be put on the spot a lot. Example: everyone watching what you post on your Facebook page. While a lot of writers may not have problems with this, for someone with a fear of too much attention, it can be just as nerve-wrecking as standing up to a microphone to give a speech!
Granted, it's nothing like big name authors who may get noticed on the street and stopped for an autograph or a picture. But, to me, it's just as scary ... and, also, means just as much. Just the fact that anyone even bothers to talk to me about my books is amazing. I never thought I'd be where I am now with my writing, and branching out to include myself in the communities makes me feel blessed, but nervous all at once.
Next year, I'm going to start attending signings. HOpefully, that will help me with my insecruities. The first one will probably cause me to drink, and I'm hoping I don't come off as rude or anything to the readers. I'm absolutely terrified!
But I know it's part of the job, and I do want to meet all the wonderful readers I can. So wish me luck!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you tomorrow. Topic: Money

No comments:

Post a Comment